Preparing Your BinanceUS Taxes
CryptoTaxCalculator allows you to calculate your taxes arising from any trading activity on BinanceUS. You can import your trading data using API keys. You can then easily calculate your financial year's short and long-term gains using various in-app inventory methods.
Import via API keys
- Sign in to your BinanceUS account
- On the top right of the navbar hover over the 'Profile' icon and click on 'API Management' from the dropdown (https://www.binance.com/en/my/settings/api-management)
- Enter the label for a new API as 'CryptoTaxCalculator' and click on ‘Create API’ (yellow button)
- You may have to enter some verification information
- Once created, copy the 'API Key' and 'Secret Key'
- Click Edit restrictions and uncheck 'Enable Spot Trading'. Also, be sure that 'Enable Withdrawals' is unchecked
- Double check that 'Can Read' is the only option checked!
- Leave the IP access restriction selection as 'Unrestricted'
- Paste the copied 'API Key' and 'Secret Key' here into CryptoTaxCalculator and click 'Add API'. Syncing may take about 20 minutes due to restrictions on BinanceUS's side
That's it! Using the API option, you can upload your transactions from BinanceUS to calculate your taxes using CryptoTaxCalculator. If you find that you are missing some transactions, you can upload these manually using our Simple or Advanced manual CSV import.
The information provided on this website is general in nature and is not tax, accounting or legal advice. It has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on this information, you should consider the appropriateness of the information having regard to your own objectives, financial situation and needs and seek professional advice. Cryptotaxcalculator disclaims all and any guarantees, undertakings and warranties, expressed or implied, and is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including human or computer error, negligent or otherwise, or incidental or Consequential Loss or damage) arising out of, or in connection with, any use or reliance on the information or advice in this website. The user must accept sole responsibility associated with the use of the material on this site, irrespective of the purpose for which such use or results are applied. The information in this website is no substitute for specialist advice.