Preparing Your Coinbase Taxes
CryptoTaxCalculator allows you to upload Coinbase data by two methods: an API or CSV upload. Uploading your transactions allows CryptoTaxCalculator to calculate your Coinbase tax obligation.
- Login to your account and navigate to the API section under settings
- Create a new API
- Under permissions select the read-only options and click create
- Enter your passphrase if required
- Copy and save the API + Secret keys provided
- Login and navigate to the import page, and select Coinbase
- Paste your API key and secret key and press Import
- The process might take a few minutes to upload all your data but in the meantime, you can work on uploading your other exchange data
- Once logged in navigate to the taxes and reports section
- Generate your report as a CSV file
- Once logged in navigate to the import page and select Coinbase from the menu
- Import your transaction history CSV file
These two options are all you need to get started on your Coinbase and other Crypto taxes. If for whatever reason you are missing some transactions that can’t be uploaded you can manually add them in the review transactions page.
All content in this article is general information only and does not constitute financial, tax or legal advice. It is not intended to be used by anyone for the purpose of financial advice, legal advice, tax advice, tax avoidance, promoting, marketing or recommending to any other party any matter addressed herein. For tax, financial or legal advice please consult your own professional.