Preparing Your Coinbase Taxes
CryptoTaxCalculator allows you to upload Coinbase data by two methods: an API or CSV upload. Uploading your transactions allows CryptoTaxCalculator to calculate your Coinbase tax obligation.
Uploading your crypto transactions with an API
- Login to your account and navigate to the API section under settings
- Create a new API
- Under permissions select the read-only options and click create
- Enter your passphrase if required
- Copy and save the API + Secret keys provided
- Login and navigate to the import page, and select Coinbase
- Paste your API key and secret key and press Import
- The process might take a few minutes to upload all your data but in the meantime, you can work on uploading your other exchange data
Uploading your crypto transactions with a CSV upload
- Once logged in navigate to the taxes and reports section
- Generate your report as a CSV file
- Once logged in navigate to the import page and select Coinbase from the menu
- Import your transaction history CSV file
These two options are all you need to get started on your Coinbase and other Crypto taxes. If for whatever reason you are missing some transactions that can’t be uploaded you can manually add them in the review transactions page.
The information provided on this website is general in nature and is not tax, accounting or legal advice. It has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on this information, you should consider the appropriateness of the information having regard to your own objectives, financial situation and needs and seek professional advice. Cryptotaxcalculator disclaims all and any guarantees, undertakings and warranties, expressed or implied, and is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including human or computer error, negligent or otherwise, or incidental or Consequential Loss or damage) arising out of, or in connection with, any use or reliance on the information or advice in this website. The user must accept sole responsibility associated with the use of the material on this site, irrespective of the purpose for which such use or results are applied. The information in this website is no substitute for specialist advice.