Preparing Your Coinbase Pro Taxes
CryptoTaxCalculator allows you to calculate your taxes arising from any trading activity on Coinbase Pro. All you have to do is import your trading data via CSV or the API, and we will automatically normalize these transactions back to your local currency. You can then easily calculate your financial year's short and long-term gains using various in-app inventory methods.
- Log in to Coinbase Pro
- Navigate to API Settings page by clicking on your Profile (https://pro.coinbase.com/profile/api)
- Click the ‘New API Key’ button
- For Permissions, tick 'View' only
- Copy your Passphrase into the ‘Api Password’ field in CryptoTaxCalculator
- Click ‘Create API Key’ button
- Copy your Passphrase, API Key and API Secret
Log in to Coinbase Pro and complete the following steps for Trade Data and Deposits/Withdrawals
- Navigate to My Orders > Filled Orders (https://pro.coinbase.com/orders/filled)
- Click on the ‘Download Statement’ button
- Click Product > All
- For the date, set it the date of/or before you began trading
- For the format, select CSV instead of PDF
- Upload the 'Fill Statement' CSV to CryptoTaxCalculator to upload your trading data
- Log in to Coinbase Pro
- Under your portfolio icon, navigate to 'Statements'
- Click 'Generate' and select 'Account'
- Select 'All Accounts' and make sure the format is 'CSV' before clicking 'Generate Report'
- Upload this 'Account Statement' CSV to CryptoTaxCalculator.
The information provided on this website is general in nature and is not tax, accounting or legal advice. It has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on this information, you should consider the appropriateness of the information having regard to your own objectives, financial situation and needs and seek professional advice. Cryptotaxcalculator disclaims all and any guarantees, undertakings and warranties, expressed or implied, and is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including human or computer error, negligent or otherwise, or incidental or Consequential Loss or damage) arising out of, or in connection with, any use or reliance on the information or advice in this website. The user must accept sole responsibility associated with the use of the material on this site, irrespective of the purpose for which such use or results are applied. The information in this website is no substitute for specialist advice.