Preparing your Gemini Taxes
The first step in using CryptoTaxCalculator to calculate your Gemini and other crypto taxes is uploading your transaction data. At this stage, this can be done using an API to automatically upload data.
Uploading using a CSV import
- Login on Gemini.com
- Navigate to Account > Settings (top-right of screen)
- Scroll down to the API tab on the left side
- Generate a new API key, and check the “Auditor” box under API Key Settings
- Save and copy your API and Secret key to a safe place
- Login to CryptoTaxCalculator and navigate to the import page
- Select Gemini from the drop-down menu
- Enter your API and Secret Key and click Import
- The process might take a few minutes, but in the meantime, you can continue adding other exchange data
This is the first step in calculating your crypto taxes, after this CryptoTaxCalculator can use the data to calculate your complete tax obligation and portfolio breakdown. If there are any missing transactions that couldn’t be captured from the import process you can add them manually in the review transactions section.
The information provided on this website is general in nature and is not tax, accounting or legal advice. It has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on this information, you should consider the appropriateness of the information having regard to your own objectives, financial situation and needs and seek professional advice. Cryptotaxcalculator disclaims all and any guarantees, undertakings and warranties, expressed or implied, and is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including human or computer error, negligent or otherwise, or incidental or Consequential Loss or damage) arising out of, or in connection with, any use or reliance on the information or advice in this website. The user must accept sole responsibility associated with the use of the material on this site, irrespective of the purpose for which such use or results are applied. The information in this website is no substitute for specialist advice.