Importing Your Exchange Data
As the first step in your crypto tax process, you will need to upload all your transactions to CryptoTaxCalculator. For most exchanges, there are two ways to do so, through an API upload or through a CSV history file upload. Either will work and allow CryptoTaxCalculator to calculate your crypto taxes.
The easiest way to transfer data is to generate an API and share the details with CryptoTaxCalculator.
- Once logged in navigate to the Import page and select your exchange from the dropdown menu.
- Paste in your API key, secret key, and passphrase used to create the API.
- The process might take a few minutes but in the meantime, you can upload data from your other exchange accounts and wallets.
The alternative to using an API is downloading your transaction data and uploading the files to CryptoTaxCalculator.
- Once logged in navigate to the import page.
- Select your exchange from the dropdown menu.
- Click the import button and upload all the files you have downloaded from your exchange.
Once you have uploaded all your crypto data CryptoTaxCalculator can calculate your portfolio breakdown and crypto tax obligation. If for some reason you can’t upload your transactions you can add them individually on the review transactions page.
The information provided on this website is general in nature and is not tax, accounting or legal advice. It has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on this information, you should consider the appropriateness of the information having regard to your own objectives, financial situation and needs and seek professional advice. Cryptotaxcalculator disclaims all and any guarantees, undertakings and warranties, expressed or implied, and is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including human or computer error, negligent or otherwise, or incidental or Consequential Loss or damage) arising out of, or in connection with, any use or reliance on the information or advice in this website. The user must accept sole responsibility associated with the use of the material on this site, irrespective of the purpose for which such use or results are applied. The information in this website is no substitute for specialist advice.