Preparing Your Independent Reserve Taxes
CryptoTaxCalculator supports two main options for uploading data from Independent Reserve so you can calculate your Independent Reserve taxes. Independent Reserve has an easy to use API that allows you to automatically upload your trading data. They also offer CSV history downloads allowing you to upload the files manually.
Import via CSV
Log in to your Independent Reserve account
- In the top navbar, navigate to 'trade' section (https://app.independentreserve.com/trade)
- Scroll down to Order History
- Make sure the 'All' dropdown is selected for both the instrument and currency
- Click on the and click on the 'Download Order History' icon button (to the right of the 'Order History' title)
- In the popup, select the date range which covers your complete order history for the account, or leave it blank to download your entire history
- Select the 'Download order history as CSV file' option, and then click 'Download' to download your order history CSV
- Upload this 'OrderStatement' CSV file here into CryptoTaxCalculator
- In the top navbar, navigate to 'accounts' section (https://app.independentreserve.com/accounts)
- Click on the 'Transaction History' tab
- For each of your accounts (each currency), choose the relevant account in the dropdown and the click on the 'Download Transaction History' icon button
- In the popup, select the date range which covers your complete transaction history for the account, or leave it blank to download your entire history
- Select the 'Download transaction history as CSV file' option, and then click 'download' to download your transaction history CSV
- Repeat the above steps for each of the accounts you have transaction history records
- Upload the generated 'TransactionHistory' CSV(s) here into CryptoTaxCalculator
We will not pull in your 'Trades' from the 'TransactionHistory' CSV file but instead from the 'OrderStatement' CSV file as this is more accurate.
Create and add API keys
- Log in to your Independent Reserve account
- In the top navbar, navigate to 'settings' section (https://app.independentreserve.com/settings)
- Click on the 'API Keys' tab
- Click on the ‘generate’ button to create a new key
- Select the 'Read-only (recommended)' option, and add the API Key Description as 'CryptoTaxCalculator'
- Enter your password and click on the 'save' button
- Copy the 'API Key' and 'API Secret' here into CryptoTaxCalculator
That's it! From these two options, you can upload your transactions from Independent Reserve to calculate your taxes using CryptoTaxCalculator. If you find that you are missing some transactions, you can upload these manually using our Simple or Advanced manual CSV import.
The information provided on this website is general in nature and is not tax, accounting or legal advice. It has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on this information, you should consider the appropriateness of the information having regard to your own objectives, financial situation and needs and seek professional advice. Cryptotaxcalculator disclaims all and any guarantees, undertakings and warranties, expressed or implied, and is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including human or computer error, negligent or otherwise, or incidental or Consequential Loss or damage) arising out of, or in connection with, any use or reliance on the information or advice in this website. The user must accept sole responsibility associated with the use of the material on this site, irrespective of the purpose for which such use or results are applied. The information in this website is no substitute for specialist advice.