Senior Software Engineer (React, Node.js)
Join a strong engineering team that appreciates top talent. High growth scaling issues and complex algorithms. 100% work from home.
Key Selling Points
- Top of market salary with good work life balance
- Fast growing VC backed startup
- Healthy work life balance
At CryptoTaxCalculator, we’re out to make it easier for cryptocurrency users to comply with local tax requirements. We started in 2018, and have since grown to serve thousands of users across twenty different tax regions. We have just received funding from the #1 VC in Australia (yet to be made public) and are looking to expand the team from 12 to 50+ engineers over the next year.
As a senior software engineer, you will help solve challenging problems in a developer-first work environment. You will take ownership over business requirements and deliver them across the fullstack. We use TypeScript with a MERN.
We offer top-of-market compensation and real work-life balance, with a 100% remote-friendly environment, flexible work hours, minimal meetings, and a wide variety of work. We are proud to have built a team culture that people genuinely enjoy working in.
Why you should work for us:
- Top of market compensation.
- Good work-life balance.
- Work with an awesome team.
- 100% work from home.
- Challenging technical problems that require advanced knowledge of the entire MERN stack.
What you'll do:
- Write easily maintainable code (React, Node.js, TypeScript) that transforms complex business requirements into elegant, performant solutions.
- Own features end-end with development in both the backend and frontend (70/30 split).
- Work closely with the product team to help shape new features.
- Provide mentorship to junior engineers.
- Minimum Bachelor level qualification in software engineering or related field.
- 3+ years experience as a Software Engineer in a professional setting.
- Advanced understanding of TypeScript and related technologies.
- Experience with a functional programming language is a plus.
- Experience with AWS and MongoDB is a plus.
- You are currently a senior-level engineer in a product-focused company.
- You are comfortable with advanced Node.js concepts such as worker threads, streams, and WebSockets.
- You have experience in software design and are able to make thoughtful contributions to architectural decisions.
- You have a track record of over-performing.
- You are excited by the fast-moving pace of a startup.
- You have an interest in the cryptocurrency industry or a willingness to learn.
- You love to code.