At CryptoTaxCalculator, we’re out to make it easier for users to comply with local tax requirements. We have just received funding from the #1 VC in Australia and are looking to expand the team from 12 to 50+ engineers over the next year.
As the engineering manager, you will have responsibility across multiple scrum team and take ownership over software development, DevOps, cloud operations and QA. You will be people focused, with a supportive, attentive perspective. We are really big on team culture and want to build an industry leading engineering team in Australia. Both founders are technical, and have an appreciation for the challenges often found in high growth engineering teams. You are technically strong, and will inspire the team members to get the most out of their career.
We offer top-of-market compensation and real work-life balance, with a 100% remote-friendly environment, flexible work hours, minimal meetings, and a wide variety of work. We are proud to have built a team culture that people genuinely enjoy working in.
Why you should work for us:
- Top of market compensation.
- Good work-life balance.
- Work with an awesome team.
- 100% work from home.
- High growth company with increasing responsibility and challenging problems.
What you'll do:
- Build diverse, high-functioning, and healthy engineering teams.
- Own software development, DevOps, cloud operations and QA.
- Assist the executive team with hiring tier 1 talent.
- Work closely with the product team to help shape new features.
- Minimum Bachelor level qualification in software engineering or related field.
- Minimum 5+ years experience as a Software Engineer in a professional setting.
- Minimum 2+ years experience in a technical leadership position.
- Committed to building diverse, high-functioning, and healthy engineering teams.
- Excel in creating energy, clarity, and delivering results to your team.
- Curiosity combined with a desire to ask hard questions.
- Experience recruiting and onboarding software engineers.
- Strong communication skills.
- Advanced understanding of TypeScript and related technologies.
- You are committed to the engineering management track.
- You have previous exposure as a software engineer in a high growth tech business.
- You know what good looks like.
- Despite being focused on people, you are comfortable in a code editor and are able to dig in and understand technical challenges, with a deep understanding of our MERN stack.
- You have experience in software design and are able to make thoughtful contributions to architectural decisions.
- You have a track record of over-performing.
- You are excited by the fast-moving pace of a startup.
- You have an interest in the cryptocurrency industry or a willingness to learn.
- You view management from a coaching and supportive perspective.