Preparing Your BTC Market Taxes
As the first step in your crypto tax process, you will need to upload all your transactions to CryptoTaxCalculator. For BTC Markets there are two ways to do so, through an API upload or through a CSV history file upload. Either will work and allow CryptoTaxCalculator to calculate your crypto taxes and specifically your BTC Markets tax obligation.
The easiest way to transfer data is to generate an API key and share the details with CryptoTaxCalculator.
- Login to BTC Markets
- Navigate to Account > API Key
- Click the ‘Add new API key’ button
- Add a name to the API key (optional)
- Make sure READ ONLY is selected on all options
- Click the ‘Submit’ button
- Copy/make a note of the Private (Secret) API Key from the pop-up and click ‘Okay’
- Click the ‘Copy Public API Key’ button or make a note of the Public API Key
- Copy both the Public Key and the Secret Key and paste them into CryptoTaxCalculator
The alternative to using an API is downloading your transaction data from BTC Markets and uploading the files to CryptoTaxCalculator.
For Trading Data:
- Login to BTC Markets and Navigate to Buy/Sell > Trade History
- Click on 'Export to CSV' (This should download as 'AccountTradingReport_XXX.csv')
- Upload the CSV file here CryptoTaxCalculator
For Deposits & Withdrawals:
- Login to BTC Markets and Navigate to Account > Transaction History
- Make sure Currency is 'ALL' and click on 'Export to CSV' (This should download as 'TransactionReport_XXX.csv').
- Upload the CSV file here to CryptoTaxCalculator
Once you have uploaded all your crypto data CryptoTaxCalculator can calculate your portfolio breakdown and crypto tax obligation. If for some reason you can’t upload your transactions you can add them individually on the review transactions page.
The information provided on this website is general in nature and is not tax, accounting or legal advice. It has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on this information, you should consider the appropriateness of the information having regard to your own objectives, financial situation and needs and seek professional advice. Cryptotaxcalculator disclaims all and any guarantees, undertakings and warranties, expressed or implied, and is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including human or computer error, negligent or otherwise, or incidental or Consequential Loss or damage) arising out of, or in connection with, any use or reliance on the information or advice in this website. The user must accept sole responsibility associated with the use of the material on this site, irrespective of the purpose for which such use or results are applied. The information in this website is no substitute for specialist advice.